An e-cigarette is a device which is intended to be the alternative to conventional cigarette smoking. Smok is a popular choice when it comes to e-cigarettes, providing many different products with the Smok Alien Kit is one of the best selling items! This is a very well-designed kit and has its own pros and cons which we will be detailed in the review.
Smok Alien 220w kit comes in a stylish clean-looking black package design. In the box you get the following:
- 1 x Alien 220 mod
- 1 x TFV8 Baby Tank(2ml TPD Compliant version)
- 1 x V8 Baby-Q2 Core
- 1 x V8 Baby-T8 Core
- 1 x USB Cable (Charging & Upgrading firmware)
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x Spare glass & O-Rings
* Requires 2 x 18650 Flat Top Batteries (Batteries not included) *
The Alien Mod kit has a sleek design and comes in several different colors. The company is always coming up with 12 stylish colors to keep the product fresh and unique to your personal preference and style. Whatever color you choose to go with, The O rings (seal rings for tank) comes with the matching color and give a nice feeling to the product and nothing seems out of place.
The kit is 85mm high with 30mm depth and 44mm depth. The design of the product is sleek and makes it easy for the user to hold for extended periods of time. On the main kit you get a side fire button which can be pressed five times in order to wake the device up. On front, you get a beautiful OLED display and two up and down buttons. Once you wake the device you are welcomed with Smok’s logo and then taken to the home screen. The screen shows you the mode which you are in for instance wattage, temperature or memory. In memory, you can set your personal preferences. This mode has twenty-two settings which you can toggle to like your feel.
On the main screen, apart from the mode you have information about working effect, battery life, volt, ohm, working current, PCB temperature and puff counter. On the bottom of the screen you also get the puff second counter which can measure the length of the puff you take.
In order to get into the settings of the device, you click the fire button three times which will take you to the settings screen. From here you can toggle between the settings using fire switch. To toggle you click the fire button once. To enter a certain setting, you press and hold the fire button. Once entered, you can alter the settings using up and down keys on the front of the device.
Physically the device has very nice feel to it. There is a color ribbon which goes around the device and also around the front and panels. There is 5/10 spring loaded connection on the top where you attach the baby beast tank. The baby beast tank comes with swivel design which you can open to refill with the liquid of your own liking. You can also change the coil which is installed within the baby beast. The device comes with two coils. One is 0.15ohms and the other is 0.4ohms which is also preinstalled in the baby beast tank. At the bottom of the kit you have battery lid. Which can be opened with push and slide.
It supports USB 2.0 charging. The same port can also be used to upgrade the firmware of the device with a connection to a PC.The main kit has ventilation holes for the battery. It supports on the fly settings which can be reached easily by pressing down the fire button and then press the up or down keys to get into wattage and preheat settings respectively. It provides a stealth mode which turns the display off but the kit still functions normally.
The batteries recommended by Smok are the standard 18650 batteries. For power usage minimum 20A with 2500mAh should be good.
- The device is lightweight and very easy to hold design module, which feels rather comfortable while holding.
- Supports firmware updates which means it can improve the user experience if the need be.
- The buttons have a very nice clicky feel and are very well placed. You don’t need to find the fire button while holding it and can press it by just compressing the palm.
- The battery case is easily accessible and opened. The device gives a very premium look overall. Device navigation is very easy once you get the hang of it. If you carry extra 18650 batteries, there’s no worry of running out of juice throughout the day or during long journeys.
- A newbie can get the device working within just 2 clicks, and more advanced users can
- Unintentional touch to fire button can give off a clicking sound although there is no noise when shaken.
- The very shiny glass like front can get scratch marks as there is no protective film on it. You can buy protective cases to cover the device to avoid any damage when dropping.
The Smok Alien 220w is a very beautiful and comfortable e-cigarette which can serve as a very good alternative to conventional smoking. It can help those people who are in need to quit tobacco smoking.